Flowers are like friends, They bring color into our lives. I wanted to make a reminder of that with a pretty shrine filled with a dimensional bouquet of flowers that I could put on my fridge to see every day. I hope you will enjoy seeing my friendship shrine and maybe create one yourselves to celebrate your friendships.
- Lid of a paper Mache box
- Kae Pea | Scribble Rose | Foam Stamp
- Kae Pea | Scribble Florals Set | Foam Stamps
- Watercolor paper cold pressed 140 lbs
- Watercolor paints
- Watercolor pens
- White gesso
- Small magnets
- Dresden trim
- Ink pad in grey or brown
- Foam tape
STEP BY STEP
- Paint the lid of the paper Mache box with white gesso. Both inside and out. This is going to the base of the shrine. Let dry.
- Paint stripes on the side of the shrine with blue watercolor.
- Cut and paste scrapbook paper to cover the back of the shrine.
- Using the lid as template, cut a piece of the watercolor paper to fit inside the lid as the background. Stamp a vase and flower bouquet on the paper and color. Add foam tape to the back.
- Stamp additional flowers, leaves, and vases (three vases and at least two of each flower) on another sheet of watercolor paper. Paint and fussy cut.
- Add foam tape to the back of all the pieces.
- Arrange and layer the additional flowers and leaves to the background image to give dimension.
- Add the completed background to the inside of the shrine.
- Add quote.
- Paste Dresden trim to the lip of the shrine.
- Lastly add magnets to the back of the shrine.
Hope you enjoyed my project today! See you again soon!