Sunday, January 24, 2016

Blog Hoppin'

Welcome to the Inchie Arts and StencilGirl Blog Hop!

Hi, it's me Kae Pea! Owner and artist at RubberMoon.
We are so excited to be a part of this hop.
Here at RubberMoon we love Inchie Arts art squares and StencilGirl stencils!

I created a great piece of framed art using a few supplies and I wanted to share this fun project with you.


Here are the materials I used for my piece of art:
  • 4" Inch Inchie Art Square (I used white but other colors would be great too!)
  • Wheel In the Sky Stencil ( I designed this one but there are so many awesome stencils to choose from!)
  • gouache and acrylic paints ( I used my favorites but you choose yours!)
  • paint brush
  • baby wipes 
  • RubberMoon stamp "True Free Spirit" (this one is by Mindy Lacefield and there are so many more great sayings and images at RubberMoon.com!)
  • ready made frame with a 4 x 4 opening
  • black ink pad
1. Paint your Inchie Art Square with gouache*
(it is important to use gouache for this layer so you
can easily remove color with your baby wipe.
 you may use acrylic, but it will not come up as easily.)
2. Place the portion of your stencil that you want to use
over your painted Art Square and remove
color with your baby wipe by gently rubbing and patting.
3. Remove your stencil and now paint and stamp with acrylic
paints. I used some texture/mixed media stamps from RubberMoon.

Here is my Inchie Art Square...painted, stenciled and ready to stamp!

I used the "true free spirit stamp" I only used the words
"free spirit" by masking off the word "true"...
I placed my finished art into a 4 x 4 white frame.


Would make a great gift but also looks perfect in my studio!
Thank you for visiting! And thank you to Inchie Arts and StencilGirl for inviting us to hop!
StencilGirl Inchie Giveaway image
Leave a comment ON ANY (or all) of the blogs involved in the hop as your entry
We'll be picking one lucky winner to receive a 
$25 StencilGirl Gift Certificate and
1 package each of White 4", 3", ATC (2.5" X 3.5") and Swatch (2" X 4") size Art Squares!

All comments left on the hop list participants’ posts will be entered. 
One comment per blog. 
Comments close on January 30th @ 11:59PM Central.
Winner will be announced
 on January 31st.
January 25

January 27
 
StencilGirl Talk
Janet Joehlin
Sharon Harnist
Kae Pea  <<<YOU ARE HERE! Thank you for coming by!

53 comments:

  1. I love your project. I even have your stencil which I love. Thanks for showing your technique. I haven't gouache but definitely want to try it. I think maybe I have some somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that technique with gouache - will try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see full project in the 4" tile. You taught me something new with the subtractive gouache process. love your colors and design. ann_choate(at)yahoo(dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This framed artwork does indeed look great on your shelf! I love your composition and color combinations -- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your process. Thanks for sharing.
    cnikita2(at)aol(dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isolating that one part of the stencils is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how simple to create yet full of textures. Thanks for teaching me something new!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always inspire. And Rubbermoon has been one of my favorite stamp company since it started! I love this piece. Thank you! Lori
    lorquil3(at)gmail(dotcom)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful! thank you!
    elisebuskey @ yahoo .com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun use of the stencils. The colors are beautiful. I always love to learn new things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the use of the Art squares for framed art; I have not found this product locally as yet; it looks like there would be so many possibilities. Your colors are so cheerful, great item for a bookshelf to brighten up the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors and those stencil designs. May have to buy them! ;) Thanks for the inspiration and the chance to win some goodies! Iluv2cre84u(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love what you've made for this! Such beautiful and vibrant colors - it's just happy to look at :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful little embellished inchie to frame. I might have to make a few and hang them on my wall with my fave Stencil Girl stencils and RubberMoon stamps. suzschultz23(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH wow, Kae!! This framed mixed media art is spectacular!!! I just love your color choices and beautiful patterns your created! So interesting and inspiring!!! What a treat to have you join in the final day of this delightful 3 day event with Inchie Arts and StencilGirl!! Thanks so much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice clearly written instructions for a charming piece

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a lovely little piece of art - thank you for sharing such clear instructions! shamhat208 (at) yahoo (dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kae Pea, you never cease to inspire, delight, and amaze me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not only did I see great art here, I found a new rubber stamp company! Yeah RubberMoon! Thanks so much for participating in the blog hop. Now I'm off to check out your shop:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that you framed the cute little inchie...these are perfect tiny pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete
  21. THis is such fuN! Love how you did this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome piece of artwork! Love the green and pink.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the bright color combination...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great piece!! Thanks for the inspiration!!
    wsquaredca at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. So cute! Love the happy colors and your fun whimsical style!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The colors are so vivid. Brights make me the happiest.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The colors are so vivid. Brights make me the happiest.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great combination of stencils, stamps, and, of course, color! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your rub off technique and the beautiful colors use choose. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love that stencil of yours :) What a beautiful mini piece of art!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful picture. Love the colors and the theme. I find it encouraging to be reminded that I can be a free spirit, especially with art. weaverclarke (at) gmail (dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the colors. Thanks for you sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. creationsbyjsheri (at) gmail (dot com)

      Delete
  33. so wonderful to see others working small - and doing it so well! thank you for participating in the inchie blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  34. So if there's one project that speaks to my heart...it's yours! I don't think you're gonna sell me yours so it looks like I'm making my own! Thank you so much! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will sell you mine !! ;) but also definitely make one!! :)

      Delete
  35. great piece! love the colors. sltresso (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  36. That's a new technique to me. Thanks! Love the way it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very nice art! Thanks for the chance to win :)
    seekr8pal101 (at) yahoo (dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I am just getting into mixed media. Thanks for sharing your technique for creating this cool picture.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for sharing your process. I love the idea of using a baby wipe to remove paint thru a stencil!
    Alisabarott(at) gmail (dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  40. This looks so effective, framing really does eccentuate the piece. Bevtextart (at) btinternet (dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love these colors! Beautiful job finishing the piece with the stamping and frame. LOVE it!!! Thank you for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete