Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Mini Ornaments


Last week I spent an afternoon making these fun, fast (and how adorable are they?!) mini ornaments. I had a box full of the little charms in different shapes and sizes that I got from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts. They pair perfectly with so many of the stamps from my RubberMoon collection!

They're easy to make and assemble. I began by stamping whatever image I wanted on white cardstock. I decorated the images and cut the cardstock to fit the charms. I glued the cardstock to the base of the charm and then glued on the top piece of the charm.

Next, I made a puddle of glue on my craft mat and dipped the top of the charm in it and then dipped it in glitter. Just like frosting a donut and putting sprinkles on top! (Mmmm.... donuts....)

Finally, I added Diamond Glaze to the inside to make it look shiny and glass. One thing to note is that I used StazOn ink for the stamping and coloring. I did this because the Diamond Glaze will make water based inks run.

When everything was dry, I added a little bow and a string for danglin'. Ta Da! Christmas magic. I'll use these to decorate my tiny 18" tree or to add to packages for a little extra present.

Here they are up close (but keep in mind that the largest is only about 1 1/4 x 1 3/4").







Supply List


RubberMoon Stamps

Tiny Elf
Eluvphant
Plain Tree
New Moon
Sprinkles Cube

Other Supplies

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Wooden Charms
StazOn Ink
Stickles Glitter Glue
Glitter
Judkins Diamond Glaze
Ribbon
Silver Cord

8 comments:

  1. So so so cute!! OMG we want to make some!! They may be small but they are inspiring BIG ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a blast to make. My first thought was, "Why didn't I have dozens of these made by the end of July?!"

      Next year.... next year...

      Delete
  2. oh so adorable! thanks for the inspiration! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love these Barb! Must get some of those charms now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! Fantastic blog hop! Shirley

    ReplyDelete