Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Halloween Coasters



What do you do when you need a fast and easy handmade gift? You grab the 3" art squares from Inchie Arts and make a set of coasters!

These are ridiculously simple to make. Yes, they'll (hopefully) get used and abused and eventually tossed, but for an inexpensive gift that shows some craft-y effort, it's worth it. Not everything we artsy-craftsy people make is mean to be a timeless heirloom.

I began with the art square and stamped both the pumpkin and the sentiment using StazOn black ink. I used StazOn because it is a solvent based ink and won't run when wet cups and glasses are set on the coasters. I colored in the pumpkin using Sharpies - again, I chose those because they don't run when they get wet either.

To finish them off, I sponge-swiped StazOn Pumpkin (of course, what else?) colored ink around the edges. All told, the whole project took me about 15 minutes. Of course, the pumpkin bread I made to accompany them took a little bit longer, but some things can't be rushed. Plus, the house smelled great while I was crafting.

Where will your imagination take you? Happy crafting!

RubberMoon Products Used:
Art Squares from Inchie Arts
Happy Halloween
Blue Ribbon Pumpkin

1 comment:

  1. Oooh what a GREAT idea!!! And some for Christmas too!!!! Thank you Barb!!!

    ReplyDelete