Tuesday, October 6, 2015

A Haunting Couple

Happy October!


As soon as I flipped the page on the calender to October, I kind of flipped too. I've been going crazy for Halloween! We don't get trick-or-treaters here (please don't ask my why we need a full bowl of candy regardless). I don't dress up in a costume or go to parties. It doesn't matter. I love Halloween - I always have and I always will.

Then I decided to use almost all of my RubberMoon Halloween stamps on a single card. I couldn't help it. It was a little like choosing a single piece of candy to eat. Translation: never gonna happen.

I fell in love with Frank & Mrs. Stein the minute I saw them. I colored them in, gave them a little bling, then cut them out and set them aside while I worked on the background. For Mrs. Stein's hair, I used Imagine Crafts Amplify. Cool stuff! Once it's dry, you hit it with the heat gun and it puffs up. So her hair really looks like an old fashioned puffy 'do!

For the background I used the Scary Neighbors stamp and black craft ink. I colored in the windows with glittery gel pens and gave the stars a little shimmer with some Stickles. I stamped the sentiment in the same ink. Then, using white craft ink, I stamped the crescent moon. I let it dry for a minute and then went over it with Stickles as well.

All that was left to do was to introduce Frank and the Mrs. to the 'hood.

Where will your imagination take you?

RubberMoon stamps used:

Frank
Mrs. Stein
Scary Neighbors
Happy Halloween
Dark Crescent

2 comments: