Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The Magic of Autumn

Happy Autumn Everyone!

Nothing gets my creativity flowing like that first chilly snap in the air. And the colors? Zowie! Endless inspiration is right outside the window.

One of my favorite mediums to work with is Alcohol Ink. If you've never played with them, get some! It's so easy to create marbled backgrounds or just splotchy fun backgrounds. Plus, it's fun to watch them mingle and spread and do their own thing. Although they come in dozens of colors, they definitely lend themselves well to that feeling of Fall.

I did all of the stamping on this card with StazOn Jet Black ink. I then colored in the tree and the stars with Sharpies (alcohol ink tends to repel and/or absorb water-based inks). To give the stars a little shimmer I dabbed on some Stickles.

That's all there was to it! Simple, yet tons of fun.

But, WAIT!!!

Kae Pea is currently on a road trip to Seattle and has authorized a sale! Through September 28th, get $15 off any order over $75.00 at RubberMoon. This sale is for stamps only (excludes art supplies, mounts, etc). The code to enter at checkout is: ROADTRIP2015

Where will your creativity take you?


RubberMoon Art Stamps used


7 comments:

  1. Barb, this is so cool! Did you paint the paper with alcohol paints before you stamped it?
    I love the colors and the way they merge and blend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ceci! Yes, I did the alcohol inks before I stamped. The process is kind of addictive, so I usually spend an afternoon just making backgrounds. Then I have all kinds of pretties to choose from.

      Delete
  2. Barb, This is stunning! Puts me in a Fall mood in spite of the heat/ humidity we still have in FL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! I hope you get some relief from the lingering Summer stuff.

      Delete
  3. LOVE this and sorry I missed it while I was away! So happy to be getting "caught up" now! Thank you for your steady inspiration!!! xo

    ReplyDelete