Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Wanderlust


This time of year always finds me itchin' for a road trip and adventure. Basically, I'm looking for anything that will take my mind off the heat of August, something different than hiding out in my igloo (read: the one air conditioned room in the house).

That's where the inspiration for this week's card came from. I'd love nothing more than a long drive up into the mountains, top down on the car, music blasting... *sigh*

I began the background with a wash of Twinkling H2Os to give the sky and sun some sparkle. I used a Derwent watercolor pencil for the road and washed over that as well. I stamped the car using StazOn ink and colored that in with Twinkling H2Os as well. I used orange craft ink for the sun face and  Distress Ink for the trees. I topped the whole thing off with my sentiment of the month... "Wanderlust."

Then, just because I'm so desperate that I'm willing to take whatever mode of transportation is available, I did the following card.


Where will your imagination take you? Happy Crafting!!!

RubberMoon stamps used:

Moon Face
Go Bug
Wanderlust
Lone Pine
Eluvphant
Shasta Camper
New Moon


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I so want to zoom away in that little car!

      Delete
  2. these are both adorable but how could I not favor the excellent elephant pulling the trailer? brilliant! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That little eLUVphant keeps begging to be in everything I do. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. OMG I must have missed this while I was on the road! Glad I am getting caught up! These are great as always! Love your humor and the way you think!

    ReplyDelete