Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Flower Power


This week I decided to play with my new Mason Jar Flowers stamp from RubberMoon. It's so sweet and so much fun to color in!

For the card above, I began with a scrap of watercolor paper. Whenever I have left over ink, or paint, or anything like that from a project, I like to smear it onto cardstock to use later as a background. That's what I did here. It's a combination of Colourarte Twinkling H2O's left on a brush and a blob of Liquid Pearls that came out when I was trying to get the gunk unstuck.

Since my background was already in place, I simply stamped the image using StazOn Jet Black ink. I colored it in with Derwent Inktense Watercolor Pencils, using a combination of wet and dry.


For the card above, I again used StazOn Jet Black ink, but this time I stamped the image on glossy white cardstock. 

I painted it in with Twinkling H2O's. You can't tell from the scan, but the whole thing shimmers so prettily! It needed a little something extra, I thought, so I dipped my wet brush into my paint again and did a little splatter effect.

The little flowers were punched from orange cardstock using an old Marvy Uchida punch that I have. The "hello" sentiment is part of RubberMoon's Hello Sunshine stamp.

Once again, I've managed to create two completely different designs using one stamp. I tend to let the colors take me wherever they want to go.

Where do the colors take you?

6 comments:

  1. This is one of our fave stamps from Lindsay O.
    LOVE how you have done both pieces! Made us fall in love with this images even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your take on an image is always exciting for me to see. I am so glad you are sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete