Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Resisting the Stars


My mind has been on Independence Day lately. That's mostly because I have family coming to town that I haven't seen in six years. I'm ready for a celebration! I guess it's easy to tell where the inspiration for this week's project came from!

I thought I'd share one of my favorite resist techniques with you today. Resist techniques are fun, because they feel like a bit of magic happening. For instance, with this card I stamped RubberMoon's Evening Stardust stamp with Versamark all over a piece of watercolor paper. It was almost impossible to tell there was anything on the paper at all.

I sprinkled it with clear embossing powder and hit it with the heat gun. Except for a little bit of shine here and there, it was still difficult to tell that there was anything at all on the paper. Cue the magic!

I spritzed the paper with water. Then I put drops of Distress Ink Faded Jeans and Barn Door on my craft mat. You could use any water-based ink or watercolors for this - the Distress Ink is simply what I grabbed. I got a brush good and wet and dipped it first into the red and then swiped it across my paper. Instantly swirls and stars popped out from the "blank" paper... like magic! I rinsed out the brush and did the same thing with the blue ink.

Once everything was completely dry, I added the fireworks using stamps from the Sprinkles Cube in Imagine Crafts Delicata Gold ink. I added the woman using StazOn Jet Black ink.

This resist technique is so easy, and, I think, makes for an impressive, unique card. What are your favorite resist techniques?

See you next week, and happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for the red, white and blue AND for this fun card and technique!!

    ReplyDelete