Wednesday, June 10, 2015

It's a Hoot!


I was so thrilled to receive another package from the RubberMoon Mail Club last week. Look at all that stuff! I got, as usual, the exclusive stamp that only Moon Mail Club members get, plus a couple of pre-folded card backings from Inchie Arts, plus a piece from Gina's Designs Mixed Media Fragments 1. As always it was accompanied by a newsy note from RubberMoon's Kae Pea, as well as a fun print of her art work.

I have Father's Day on the brain, and knew immediately what I wanted to do with the piece from Gina's Designs. I thought it would work perfectly with RubberMoon's Happy Father's Day stamp.

I began by using the piece from Gina's Designs as a stencil. I simply set it on my cardstock and liberally spritzed the entire thing with Fireworks spray. Then I lifted the piece off and coated it with Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate ink, to which I added clear embossing powder. I heat set the embossing powder and it gives the piece a really cool, slightly metallic shine.

By then, my cardstock was dry, so I used the same color of ink again to stamp the sentiment. To give it a little extra something, I dotted on some Liquid Pearls in dark chocolate.

(Is all this talk of chocolate making anyone else hungry?)

I assembled my card and adhered it to one of the pre-folded cards from Inchie Arts.


I thought I was done, but that adorable owl stamp that came with my package would not stop staring at me! So, I made a bookmark.


For the bookmark, I stamped the owl twice with StazOn Jet Black ink then colored in the owls using Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils. I gave the eyes a little extra sparkle with some yellow Stickles and finished off the "hoot" by hand-lettering the "h" and "t". All it needed was a colorful ribbon.

I love getting these surprise packages in the mail from RubberMoon Mail Club. It's like a little bit of Christmas on an ordinary day. I never know what's going to be in the package, so the inspiration kind of leaps out of the package along with the goodies. Add to that the fun and inspiration we have in the Facebook group... well, what's not to love?! You could say it's a hoot!

See you next week and Happy Crafting!

10 comments:

  1. Love your cards AND our MoonMail Club of course!! Thank you for owl you do!! xokp

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous my HOOT of a friend! Love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the Father's Day card is very very nice, and I especially love that bookmark! What a sweet way to use that special little owl stamp that only us Moonies have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love having a stamp that not everyone in the world has. :)

      Delete