Wednesday, May 20, 2015

So Simple


Remember that long ago day (well, for me it was long ago)? It was a rainy summer day, you were stuck indoors with nothing to do, then suddenly the day brightened as Mom handed you a new coloring book and a fresh pack of colored pencils or crayons.

As much as I love making a mess and experimenting with new products and techniques and goo and glitter and doo-dads, sometimes I just need a moment to color like I did in times of yore. So, that's what I did with this card. I stamped the images and sentiment, then got out my bin full of colored pencils, and took a short trip back to my childhood.

Often people say, "I'd love to do what you do, but I don't have the time or money to invest." With something this simple, you're out very little - a piece of cardstock, a couple of rubber stamps, and a box of pencils from the dollar store. As for time? You can do this anywhere - waiting for an oil change, watching TV, sitting at a picnic table in the park.

It really takes so little to be a kid again. Mostly all we need to do is give ourselves permission.

For this card, I used the following RubberMoon stamps:
Happy Thoughts Words
Lucy
Beautiful Balloon Girl

"It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child."
~Pablo Picasso

6 comments:

  1. Dont you just love Sunny's stamps Barb? You know how I feel about your cards...love them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE her stamps! I want all of them (of course).

      Thanks, Barb!

      Delete
  2. Yay! love this card (all the stamps of course!) and this quote! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful lesson about simplicity and the complex feelings it can express. Charming. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marylinn! And thank you for stopping by!

      Delete