Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Whimsical Village Canvas

This is Carmen sharing with you this whimsical village canvas which has some of my favorite collage and ephemera pieces.  Last year I found a New York City "Street Listings and Maps" book from 1964.  It was perfect for creating the houses with my RubberMoon stamps.





Whimsical Village Canvas, RubberMoon stamps, Imagine Crafts created by Carmen Whitehead designs





The stamps I used were Lovely Loft House, Crooked Chimney House, and Row House.  The background is layers of vintage music sheets that were created on a Gelli Plate.  I have quite a stash of them and that makes it easy to pick and choose.





Whimsical Village Canvas, RubberMoon stamps, Imagine Crafts created by Carmen Whitehead designs





I wanted to add a little bit more texture and dimension to the canvas so I used some chipboard texture sheet in Checkerboard from Gina's Designs.  It's very easy to cut into the size you want.  I then spritzed it with Imagine Crafts Irresistible in Bronze, and shaded the edges with the new StazOn midi in Ganache.





Whimsical Village Canvas, RubberMoon stamps, Imagine Crafts created by Carmen Whitehead designs



I adhered it to the canvas with some tacky glue and then sealed it with gel medium.






Whimsical Village Canvas, RubberMoon stamps, Imagine Crafts created by Carmen Whitehead designs





The houses were highlighted with Elementz metallic markers and Fude Ball black pen on the edges.





Whimsical Village Canvas, RubberMoon stamps, Imagine Crafts created by Carmen Whitehead designs





Whimsical Village Canvas, RubberMoon stamps, Imagine Crafts created by Carmen Whitehead designs





Whimsical Village Canvas, RubberMoon stamps, Imagine Crafts created by Carmen Whitehead designs





Whimsical Village Canvas, RubberMoon stamps, Imagine Crafts created by Carmen Whitehead designs





I love it when so many random things come together to create something lovely!  

Thanks so much friends for visiting with me today.  

Blessings,
 photo signature_zps1b49fcd9.png

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Some fine and fun creativity here!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all of those wonderful elements of fun! Great project, Carmen! Yes, I also love it when seemingly random things work together. Serendipitous!

    ReplyDelete