Friday, November 7, 2014

Oh Joy! Holiday Card by Carmen Whitehead

Hello Friends!  It's Carmen here and I'm so happy to be back sharing with you some stamping inspiration.  Christmas time is my favorite time of the year.  As soon as Halloween is over I start decorating and watching Holiday movies on the Hallmark Channel!  I created this card with my newest RubberMoon stamps and I love how they worked with the gold ink.




I started with Strathmore's watercolor paper cards and taped off a tree shape, I spritzed it with Imagine Crafts Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Gold.  I then layered a stencil on top, taped off the same size shape and applied Staz-On ink in Emerald City shade with an Ink Blushers sponge.









The brilliant gold ink is Delicata in Golden Glitz.  I used RubberMoon's Christmas Ornaments Border, Oh Joy, and Fall Border.  They all worked great with this very rich ink, all of the details stamped perfectly.  I do recommend cleaning your stamps well after using this ink.















I gave it one last spray with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Sparkle.  It's a  little hard to see it in the picture, but the card has a wonderful shimmer to it.










I kept it simple with this card using only two colors, but these stamps would also look wonderful using more traditional Holiday colors and filling in the spaces.



Thanks so much for visiting with me today.  Remember to come back and visit often,  there's lots of inspiration happening now on the blog.



Blessings,



9 comments:

  1. This is a great way to start the Season off Carmen. Thank you for sharing your Creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous with the fall border and Delicata is one of my favorite inks. Use it with a waterbrush and gold dust spreads and shimmers across the page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, Carmen - I, too, love the fall border that accompanies. Nice transition from fall into winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the how you created the tree by taping on a stencil. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the tip on taping off portions of the stencil and those shimmery sprays are a perfect touch! Fun little card :) It would be cute to see a row of those trees, decorated with a variety of stencil patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great way to start off the season with joy and creativity!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a Christmas card junkie... making them, that is. I'm not nearly as good at actually sending them. I love the simplicity of the gold and green together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shiny always is a GOOD THING! Nice composition! Love the OhJoy stamp. Now i am going to have to have it, too!

    ReplyDelete