Friday, November 28, 2014

"LET IT SNOW" / RUBBERMOON STAMPS AND IMAGINE CRAFTS CROSS PROMO!

IMAGINE Crafts and RubberMoon Art Stamps are excited to share with you the amazing projects that our design teams have created to kick off the Holiday Season! Over the next few days, we'll be sharing with you inspiration and techniques using IMAGINE Crafts' line of ink products¬†featuring rubber stamps from¬†RubberMoon. Be sure to visit the IMAGINE Crafts and RubberMoon blogs daily for more projects and ideas!

"LET IT SNOW!!!"

What fun it was to create this painting using Rubbermoon Stamps and Art Supplies from Imagine Crafts. This project was created using only stamps as images.  Below are the Stamps I used in the Painting and also the Supplies  from Imagine Crafts.
The "Let it Snow" painting was created on a 12x6 deep profile cradle board. 
(9)STRING O LIGHTS (not pictured) 

Next I will share some images of the process....
I started by Mounting my favorite "text" Scrapbook Paper then gessoed with a light wash in order to be able to stamp onto the cradle board.


The Stamping Process....
This particular project called for quite a bit of "masking" during the process. (sorry, this pic is blurry). I wanted to insert the Santa Party Hat stamp into the window of the Camper. Obviously, the stamp was larger than the window...so I created a space where the stamp was to show through.  I also used the "masking" process for the trees in the back seat of the car, and also for the trees in the background of the painting, as shown below.
After Masking

Stamping Process Nearly Completed


After Stamping was finished, I chose my favorite Acrylic Colors to make the piece come alive. 
To accomplish the fun Snow Flake effect..I randomly dotted the entire painting with a white Poster Paint Sharpie Pen.
Last but Certainly not Least...I sprayed the entire painting with IMAGINE CRAFT'S "SHIMMER", to give the piece a glimmering "after the snow" feel. 


As with most of my pieces, I painted the sides of the cradle board and then varnished. It is now ready to enjoy for the Holiday Season!! Happy Holidays to You!

16 comments:

  1. Freaking amazing, Woman!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happymaking! This is just a delightful piece of art and project in every way!! Thank you so much. Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Pleasure Rubbermoon! and Thank YOU!

      Delete
  3. Oh my! What a delicious creation! I absolutely love the scene you have created and it is colored beautifully! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute and looks
    like you had fun
    creating this!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed at the amount of detail in this, Barb! Wow, it's mind-blowing :) I can tell that you've put so much love into this. What a treat to know how you created it! Thanks for sharing some great techniques, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you SO much Martice. You made my day:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is 2 yrs after the fact, but i LOVE LOVE LOVE this piece! My Aunt Sandy just retired from working as an R.N. She bought a trailer and hit the road. She's somewhere in Arizona now. This piece fits perfectly with her life as it is today!Your work is so cool. In fact I bought her 2 sets of your coffee mugs. Those are the only mugs in her trailer. She's an artist, too. I LOVE YOUR WORK! Maggie Barbour shared your mugs info with me so I cooked buy them for my aunt. Thanks for sharing your work with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is 2 yrs after the fact, but i LOVE LOVE LOVE this piece! My Aunt Sandy just retired from working as an R.N. She bought a trailer and hit the road. She's somewhere in Arizona now. This piece fits perfectly with her life as it is today!Your work is so cool. In fact I bought her 2 sets of your coffee mugs. Those are the only mugs in her trailer. She's an artist, too. I LOVE YOUR WORK! Maggie Barbour shared your mugs info with me so I cooked buy them for my aunt. Thanks for sharing your work with us!

    ReplyDelete