Saturday, November 29, 2014

Fall Paints a Pretty Picture



IMAGINE Crafts and RubberMoon Art Stamps are excited to share with you the amazing projects that our design teams have created to kick off the Holiday Season! Over the next few days, we'll be sharing with you inspiration and techniques using IMAGINE Crafts' line of ink products featuring rubber stamps from RubberMoon. Be sure to visit the IMAGINE Crafts and RubberMoon blogs daily for more projects and ideas!

"In between fall’s final harvest and winter’s first bite comes a golden hour, a time to mull things over, plan for next time, and feel thankful for all the good fortune that drifted our way while we were too busy to notice."

I think this is my all-time favorite quote about my all-time favorite season of the year, and the inspiration for the art journal page created below.




I prepared my base with a layer of  Golden Acrylics, then added envelope scraps and portions of a vintage fall scene postcard.  The white gesso circle in the center will house another portion of the vintage postcard.




Next I added a scribble frame (Stampin' Up) and two leaves in the lower right corner (promotional leaf-shaped cards from Starbucks). 




Then I had some fun with Imagine Crafts irRESISTible color texture sprays in Cottage Ivy and Bronze. You can see the delightful dimension they add in the photo below.




To ensure my final images showed up clearly on top of the acrylic paint and irRESISTible's ink, I stamped with my all-time favorite standby ink pad: Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko StazOn ink in Jet Black and Ganache. Additional stamped images from Stampin Up: Hardwood and RubberMoon: Carved Leaf, Carved Leaf Corner, Round Tree, Mixed Media Scribble, Mixed Media Corrugated, Paint Brush and Kre8tiv Elements stamps.




I double stamped the Mixed Media Scribble with white gesso and StazOn Ganache and highlighted the paint brush with an irRESISTible Pico Embellisher in Wedding Dress (white).



Now, please take a moment during your Thanksgiving holiday weekend and "feel thankful for all the good fortune that drifted your way while you were too busy to notice."

by Colleen Bodvig

9 comments:

  1. SO SO SO Gorgeous!!! You out did yourself! I love Fall and I love these colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is inspiring on so many levels. Thank you for your beautiful share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is such an inspiring time! I Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the colors and layout of this gorgeous piece! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhh my gosh! This is... just... wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely wonderful, Colleen! You've outdone yourself ;) I'm admiring all of those luscious layers, composition, splattering of paint...I'm wondering how you managed to keep all those colors from turning into "mud". Excellent project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous page - layer after layer of beauty!

    ReplyDelete