Friday, October 10, 2014

Sweet Dreams

Happy Friday friends, it's Kim Fuller here! I have a fun project to share with you today using the Art On The Block Kit from the Rubbermoon shop. I really love these kits, as you get enough goodies to make three little houses and it includes some fun chipboard from Gina's Designs.







I chose a fun theme for this house and made it kind of based in a night time dream state. Things are a bit out of scale and wonky!  I topped the house off with the Man in the Moon stamp which I stamped and inked in a lovely yellow pigment ink, then added some diamond stickles to make it sparkle.






I added some embossing paste to the background using a circle stencil from my stash to give the house some texture. I then added some of the chipboard windows from the kit, which I embossed.


 I then used the Love This Face stamp for the attic window. which I really do love!! It gives the illusion of someone peeking out, and has a real dreamy look to it. In the window below, I used the same embossing technique and added some lace to give the look of curtains, then stamped the Bow Wow stamp inside it.







For the front door I used a fun technique using some black embossing powder and the Dots & Circles Stamp to make an impression in the hot embossing powder, it worked amazingly well!






Once I had made my impression with the stamp, I used my silver Gilder's Paste and rubbed it on to give it a metallic look.  After that I got out some sapphire blue Inka Gold and my water brush and highlighted the impressions with it.







Here is the final look of the door, its a fun and different way to use your stamps!  You can also see in the background I have used the Stardust stamp for more added texture and design.







I hope you enjoyed my project, thanks for taking a peek.



Sweet Dreams everyone!



Rubbermoon Items Used








8 comments:

  1. Love it, Kim! I think I'm going to go do some embossing with my RubberMoon stamps now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love this KIM! My internet was down this morning so I was late in sharing. Wonderful tutorial....you out did you self!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is THAT? I love the moon, the door - oh, the door! :) Very cool project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY !! We are tickled that you used our Art on the Block kits!! It is SO fun! Just love the way you designed it and added so many wonderful whimsical touches!!! Thank you for another inspiring project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house is adorable; all of the special textured and embossed touches really add the 'zing' to it all. The door and the moon are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great kit! You did a wonderful job, I love it!

    ReplyDelete