Tuesday, October 28, 2014

One Stamp, Three Designs by Barb Black

Hello, fellow crafty people!I have a lot of rubber stamps. I mean... a LOT! Usually my designs include multiple stamps. But every now and then I like to challenge myself.


So, when I received this very cool Tall Tree stamp in my last RubberMoon order, I decided to play and only let myself use that one stamp for three different designs.






This first design was inspired while I was sipping coffee and watching the cottonwood leaves flying from the trees.



For the background, I used a sponge dipped in various colors of ink pads and simply swiped it across the cardstock. I sprayed the sponge with Tsukineko's Ink Potion No. 9 and swiped over it again.



I stamped the tree using my Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate ink pad. I sketched in the leaf pile and falling leaves using Derwent's Inktense watercolor pencils.








For the second card, I went Halloween, because... hello? Candy!


I began with a piece of medium blue cardstock. I used the lid from an old plastic container to mask out the moon. Then, using dark blue and dark purple ink, I sponged in the background.



Once I had the color to where I wanted it, I used my Distress Ink paint daubers in white and silver to fill in the moon.



I stamped the tree three times using StazOn Jet Black ink. I used a white jell pen to roughly sketch the outlines of the trees where the light would shine.








My third design plays entirely to my love of winter. Yes. I'm one of those freaky snow lovers.



For this one I used a piece of medium blue cardstock (the same blue I began with in the second card, by the way). I stamped the tree using Brilliance Moonlight White. I also used some of the same ink on a sponge to make the snow on the ground.



I used a white gel pen to draw in the extra branches. And, to finish the piece, I dabbed Picket Fence Distress Stickles to mimic some gently falling snow.



I'll never give up my many, many stamps and I still love using as many as I can at one time, but it was fun to challenge myself.  I challenge you to do the same. Pick one stamp and do three completely different things with it.



Happy Crafting!

14 comments:

  1. Great ideas, Barb! Especially love the one with full moon. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many different looks from one stamp...love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we here at RubberMoon tell you how AWESOME this is?? Love it to the moon and back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can tell me that all you want to! :-) Thanks so much!!!

      Delete
  4. These are Fantastic Barb. The Winter Tree is WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the thought process explained. Those thoughts REALLY showed up on paper! Thanks for the tutorial. Sweet work.

    ReplyDelete