Friday, September 5, 2014

Whimsical Watercolor Houses

Hello friends!  Carmen here stopping by from Serendipity Studio to share my very first post with RubberMoon Stamps.  So exciting!  


I'm lovin' my new stamps and how versatile they are to use on different papers, canvases and mediums.  For my first go round I decided to do a watercolor painting using Strathmore Watercolor Paper cold press 5.5" x 8.5".  I used a standard watercolor set and a set of Pro Arte Artists brushes in sizes #8, #6 and #2 for the details.




whimsical watercolor houses, rubbermoon stamps created by Serendipity Studio




I used Ranger Archival Ink for the stamping.  The stamps went on evenly and smoothly, no spaces!  I love that!




whimsical watercolor houses, rubbermoon stamps, created by Serendipity Studio




The doodle trees, pathways and grass were created using Micron Pen .03 mm. 




Whimsical Watercolor Houses, RubberMoon Stamps created by Serendipity Studio




The images of the houses and dangle hearts are the perfect size for adding watercolor and being able to give them dimension by adding more/or less water and color.




Whimsical Watercolor Houses, RubberMoon Stamps created by Serendipity Studio




The stamps that I used were:

Lovely Loft House db4265

Crooked Chimney House db4793

Row House db4452

Love Grows ge2881




Here is a brief video of this creative process...








I plan on framing this piece and displaying it in my studio.  Thanks so much friends for letting me visit with you today.  Remember to come back often to see what the other members of the RubberMoon Design Team are up to.  


Blessings,

Carmen



8 comments:

  1. I love this Carmen..these are some of my favorite stamps too:) Thank you for the great video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen I totally love this, so fun and whimsical! Great video! big hugs, Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmen, you did a fantastic job! I love how much personality your houses are. The stamps complements them perfectly! I enjoyed watching you paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You used some of our all time favorite stamps and watercolor is such a perfect medium for these images. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's like CandyLand! Love from the neighborhood! Nice job, Carmen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pippi Longstocking in Candyland! Fun and beautiful and you just want to go there and visit! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful little piece of art! I love those houses lined up next to each other. I've noted the stock numbers so that I can add them to my RM wish list!!

    ReplyDelete