Friday, September 12, 2014

Tea for Two by Colleen Bodvig









If you follow my personal blog, Remains of the Day, you may already know that I recently experimented with a few ways to add color to a solid image stamp (RubberMoon's Teapot and Mugs).  



Taking one of my test prints (shown above), I was inspired to create this "Tea for Two" collage:








Below are a few of the steps involved in creating the layers of this collage:



First, I used matte gel medium to glue down the tea-related dictionary clippings, then used my new paint wedge tool by Catalyst along with Golden Fluid Acrylics and Making Memories Acrylic Paint to lay down a base of color.








Next I added texture with foam stamps I created from embossing folders (the text background and mini dots shown below):








I can't seem to create ANY collage that doesn't include faux post, so using 100 Proof Press postage borders and postage paper, along with RubberMoon's "teacup bird," I created some postage stamps to add to my collage:








For the last layer, I stamped with RubberMoon's "dots & circles" and "circles upon circles" using acrylic paint...








...and then I added the postal cancellation images as the finishing touch!









I hope you have enjoyed the journey!   :-)








8 comments:

  1. I really love this Colleen. You have such a talent. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is such a visual feast for the eyes! Great layering of postal stamps. Nice collage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Colleen, wonderful layers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool. Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete