Tuesday, September 16, 2014

End of Summer / Paper Lantern Postcard

Major denial that summer is coming to a close.  How can it, when I am still able to find bloom to photograph?








That said, I put together a postcard tonight for a friend. Whimsical paper lanterns, breeze, a bit of final bloom in the midst of darkening autumn days.









First, I used Dylusions spray ink for a splash of sky color in the background.  Once dry, I used StayOn Jet Black to stamp Paper Lanterns (ge2826:  Lanterns).  I used Fiskars gel pens to add a bit of color to bloom and to lantern.










At this point, I decided to add some late summer/early fall color to the decorative paper.  This I adhered to a postcard.









With an add of the paper lantern piece my postcard is ready to send!









And one last bloom of summer...







Thanks for reading my post today!
:)
Kersten Christianson







7 comments:

  1. Such pretty colors Kesten! I love that lantern stamp! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a feast for the eyes to end our Summer Kersten. Wonderful work:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those colors would brighten anyone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As colorful and poignant as your photographs, Kersten. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work always inspires!! Love your choices in imagery and color. Thank you for a wonderful share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the colours you have used! That stamp is fantastic! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete