Friday, July 25, 2014

RubberMoondalas!















I've been having a lot of fun lately, playing with mandalas. I've been adding them to my journaling practice this week. It's a wonderful way to just sit back and relax with the pen, allowing the natural creative flow to happen.

I thought it would be fun to show how you can have the same fun making mandalas using rubber stamps. It might even be a good way to introduce yourself to the process if you feel a little nervous picking up drawing or painting materials to make a mandala.

Select a bunch of your favorite Rubbermoon Art Stamps. Don't limit yourself to shapes alone. Dare to use those illustrative stamps as well... or even those favorite WORD stamps you've been wanting to use more often.

Some of my favorite word stamps: Crazy Ideas, Wanderlust
Some of my favorite shape/design stamps: Scattered Hearts, spiral, circles
Other fun image stamps to use: Typewriter, New Moon, Girl holding heart

This process is so freeing! Anything goes!

I chose to create a series of "RubberMoondala" (tee hee!) postcards.

I love creating art to share in the mail.

Use a matte card stock cut to postcard size (around 4x6"), place on a scrap paper (so you can stamp off the edges without messing up your table), and stamp away!!

Below are some samples of the fun I had with my collection of rubber stamps:




















Would you like to receive some fun art from me in the mail? Visit my website!


Article by Wendy Fedan

6 comments:

  1. LOVE a "MOONdala"!! What a great idea and SO fun. Thank you so much Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to do this with SO many of my stamps soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice way to get it all out on the paper. Beautiful black and white.

    ReplyDelete