Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Miniatures with Rubber Moon Stamps



Hi everyone it's me, Jeannie, here with a fun post and some things to share with you on the RubberMoon arts blog!

A couple a weeks ago I was part of a swap that was all about miniature things.  What first caught my eye about it was that the one and only MARY ENGELBREIT was in it!! 
So, of course, I got hooked  into being in it too.  I didn't get a Mary swap and Mary didn't get one of mine, but it was still worth it!!

My post today is a banner and table extras to go along with some of the Mini's that I got in my swap.
I used the Polka Dot heart on some Muslin.







After I stamped it, I colored it in with my Bic pens and then took the Checkerboard Background stamp and stamped the corners of the banner pieces.








Next I stitched around the banner pieces with thread.








The last step was to hand sew the banner pieces to a piece of ribbon, and some sweet little buttons and and the I love you phrase from the TO THE MOON AND BACK stamp.








Before I show you the Mini's from my swap, here is what I made(not the greatest picture) sorry...
But they are little mini suitcases, Mary Engelbreit style, of course.







Here are some of the miniatures I received in my swap. (with my Banner on display in the mix)








There is a little Mirror, an ABC primer, a Mini Screen door, a hand painted framed picture, mini box, mini tray, mini cake and a coat rack.







These are just the things I received that matched today's post.






But how fun!!  Don't you think??






I think the banner looks adorable with everything.






Oh, stamps are soo much FUN!!






So, there you have it!  My post for today!  I hope enjoyed my sharing of goodies today.  
There is always so much to do with stamps.

I am thinking how sweet it would be to make mini pillows or how about a mini quilt set for my next mini swap?  Hmm...maybe I should get started now!!

Thanks for joining us today.  This has been Jeannie from The Polka Cabana with today's Rubber Moon Arts post.

4 comments:

  1. Such a great idea, thanks for sharing it with us, Jeannie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaawww sooo cute!! We LOVE miniatures around here! Thank you Jeannie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. drats! I made one comment already and poof! off it goes into cyberspace! So I'll try to remember what I said. I love Mary Engelbreit too and love this mini's! I just purchased some new ME rubber stamps from Michael's and can't wait to try them out! I discovered Polka Cabana on PInterest and love the ME and Veggie Tale cards I found there (I was a Sunday School teacher for several years and our room was decorated in them.) Thanks for sharing your projects with us! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete