Monday, May 12, 2014

Stamping with Faber-Castell Big Brush Pens


Tuesday, May 13th

Hello again RubberMoon fans!  I have another fun easy stamp technique to share with you today.  I decided to try out my Faber-Castell artist pens on the stamps this time to see how they would do.  I have a small pile of the "big brush" variety that I love to use on mixed media projects and figured since they stay wet a little longer they might work beautifully on my RubberMoon stamps.  For this particular project I decided to use mk5052 - bunting (large) by Marylinn Kelly.

I am a scrapbooker first and foremost so I decided to bring this lovely bunting onto a scrapbook page.  The supplies for the stamping are simple, Faber-Castell artist pens, big brushes in may green, manganese violet and cobalt blue, watercolor paper that has been gessoed and my stamp, mk5052 - bunting (large).


Step#1 - Color directly onto the stamp using the big brush pens.  I could do the entire bunting at once as long as I kept moving and used all three pens.


Step #2 - Stamp the image onto gessoed watercolor paper.


Step #3 - Repeat the process as many times as needed.  I found I could stamp without re-inking up to 3 times and still get a nice image.


Step #4 - I wanted to create curved banners for my layout so I trimmed the bunting image all the way down with micro scissors leaving just a very small connecting strip of paper at the top edge.


Step #5 - Add the bunting onto your project.  In this case I used pop dots on every other flag and was able to gradually curve the bunting as I adhered them down.


I liked the look so much I decided to string them up across the top of the layout a few times.


The supplies for the layout include; patterned paper by Bo Bunny, molding paste by Golden, colorant for paste by Faber-Castell, Gelatos, chipboard and foam sticker letters by American Crafts, and the shells were from a necklace brought home from Hawaii.

Thanks for peeking in on my art I will have another RubberMoon stamp featured at my blog, Scrapweaver.com later this month so I hope you will stop by there as well.  

Have a happy Tuesday!
Michelle


1 comment: