Friday, April 11, 2014

Stamping with Copics

Hello RubberMoon fans!  I am thrilled to be making my first post as part of the design team here at RubberMoon.  My name is Michelle and I am a scrapbooking, card making, doodling, Copic and mixed media loving mom of two beautiful girls and wife to an amazing husband smack dab in the middle of the US.

I have a fun little card I put together using one of my wonderful RubberMoon stamps to share, and a stamping technique using Copic markers.  When choosing a stamp for this technique I would look for one that has thicker lines or less detail.  When using Copics, because they are alcohol based, the ink dries almost immediately so can not be stamped without rewetting with the colorless blender solution.  When I re-wet the ink it also thins the color slightly so fine details are hard to capture.  

The supplies I used to create my card include, 6 Copic markers; V04,V17, RV66, B0000, B00 and 0, a Copic Multiliner .35, Copic colorless blender in a mister bottle a 2"Art Square and Gretchen Ehrsam's Striped Cat (ge2459) 


Step #1 - Using my Copic markers I colored over my entire stamp.  I let the colors run over each other and did not try to stay in the lines, I am going to have a colorful cat!


Step #2 - I used a mister filled with colorless blender to LIGHTLY spray my stamp, this re-activates the ink so it is ready to stamp.


Step #3 - I stamped my striped cat directly on my 2" Art Square.


Step #4 - I am a doodler so I used my Copic Multiliner to add some small doodles around the edge of my square.


Step #5 - I finished my square using B0000, B00 and my colorless blender to blend some blue from the edges of my doodling to the cat.



Lastly I tucked my striped cat onto a card with some simple patterned paper, pearls, buttons and a tag that will be ready to add a message when I am ready to send him off.



Thanks for peeking in at my tutorial, later this month I will be sharing a second card and Copic technique using Gretchen Ehrsam's striped cat at my blog Scrapweaver.com.  I hope you will come take a look at how completely different the same stamp can be used!

Have a great day!
Michelle

7 comments:

  1. Michelle, thank you for sharing your copic techniques!! Your card is darling and cannot wait to see more projects from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea, watercolor effect. Love it. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see that it is possible to use alcohol media directly to stamp.
    I was just missing the spritz! Thanks for a really neat way to mske this kitty look it's best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Thanks for the Copic tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's beautiful. I was curious about Copic Markers. I just started a new link party if you would like to link this or anything else each week at my link party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really neat - I'm going to have to dig out some Copics and try this out tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete