Tuesday, April 1, 2014

RubberMoon for Operation Write Home!


Hello from Quilt City, USA (for those not in the know, that is Paducah, KY.) This is my very first post as a member of a design team; thank you RubberMoon for this fascinating opportunity.  Who am I? I am an obsessive avid crafter with an underground studio and blog at Crafting from the Underground. Almost a nurse retiree, I am also a shop girl at Ephemera Paducah.  I can’t tell you how excited I was to be asked to be on the RubberMoon Creative Design Team and even more excited when my first batch of stamps arrived.  I didn’t waste any time getting busy creating cards, especially since I am currently involved in an Operation Write Home event.
Love the cute frog collection! This one is Super Toad Prince by Jane Cather. Doesn’t he look splendid all decked out in orange and violet?



 
 
Sunny Carvaiho’s stamps are just down right fun! Hobby Horse is sure to bring a smile to someone.

A nice subtle message, to remind folks at home to write; Jane Cather’s, Write Me stamp works perfectly with Kristen Powers No. 2 Pencil.

Speaking of Kristen Powers, I had to have I Love You to the Moon and Back stamp!  From the Little Nutbrown Hare book, my granddaughter, as a toddler, would say this to me when I asked “Do you know how much I love you?” She is now a teenager but I still love her “to the moon and back!”
On this card I placed a die cut moon on top of white cardstock painted with pearl mica color. You may not be able to see the sheen but it is definitely there. I just dotted the stars in with a white gel pen.
As a crafter, unlike the other talented artists’ team members, I used the RubberMoon stamps in a very simple manner. For the most part, just stamped, colored and glued.
 
Thank you for visiting me on the Rubbermoon blog.  Drop by my Crafting from the Underground blog and see what other things I create and check out the upcoming Operation Write Home event to be held at Ephemera Paducah on April 19. (FYI, we will be using a number of RubberMoon stamps at the event!)

11 comments:

  1. Operation Write Home is such a wonderful cause! Your cards are beautiful and will bring a smile for sure! Thank you for sharing! We are thrilled to have you on our team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post Chris..the cards are wonderful! Welcome to the Team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Chris! You were busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dig'n that frog card, He is so sweet. The moon one is my favorite. Wonderful talent !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, Chris. I'm sorry I didn't make it down to Ephemera Paducah. Maybe it will work next time! Happy Friday.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Spirit! I too, feel torn between my garden, and getting back in my studio. Your Blog bright me smiles, and just brighten my day! Welcome to the team!
    Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an awesome idea to participate in an awesome cause. You made an exclamation mark on your first entry to the creative team at Rubbermoon. Thanks for your bringing awareness to both. We love it.

    ReplyDelete