Friday, February 7, 2014

Lindsay Ostrom Stamps Coming Your Way...

I have gotten such a fun "job" today.  Creating a little something with some new stamps for RubberMoon by the artist Lindsay Ostrom.
These stamps will be available in the very near future at her ETSY site:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/thepaperrabbit
Be sure and check out the adorable stamps and images she has designed for RUBBERMOON.
Here are a couple of the ones I have used for this post.


I started out with a MDF stand alone book end/frame and covered it with some pages from an old book I keep lying about.


Next I stamped some of the images multiple times, because I knew I wanted to paint and paper piece them and needed more than one of each.


I glued the tree down and thought about gluing Miss Dogwood down...


But as you can see here, I decided not to glue her down, so I wasn't committed to where to put her just yet.
I used some watercolor paint and did the best I could painting a background.


Next I added a sealer, I may or may not have used Lindsay's favorite.


This is the tree and Miss Dogwood, now that they are painted and paper pieced with many layers.


I added a doily, and assembled my mini scene. 


I painted the base black and of course added some Polka Dots!!


Here is a close up of the finished project.  


I love creating mini scenes like this.  It is so much fun to work with Lindsay's stamps.  They are "open type" illustrations, ready for you to use your imagination with!!
Once again...head on over to Lindsay's blog and give her some love..and head on over to her Etsy shop to see all the stamps she has designed for RubberMoon stamps.

This has been Jeannie from The Polka Cabana with today's post.

8 comments:

  1. Jeannie you make Lindsay's stamps look even better. (And we already think they are fabulous!!) thank you so much for a wonderful tutorial!! Isn't the girl stamp (Dogwood) great, the way she can hold anything?? Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I had no idea that you could make dogwood girl into such a wild hippy chic. I love all the colors and they way it all pops. Thanks Jeannie.... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Jeannie! Love the layering and you did a really nice job with the watercolors. And what a great idea to transform a simple bookend! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun! Your art is perfect with Lindsay's stamps. Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love hippie chicks, love upcycling the bookend, etc., etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone!! It was a super fun project to make! On display at the Grass Valley Ben Franklin store;)

    ReplyDelete