Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Goddess Speak

This day that began and ended in sun became a day for Rubbermoon play!  Here's my Goddess arch.  Its February 2nd creation gave me change to ponder the ancient celebration of Imbolc, and enjoy the rays of brilliant winter sun.

Maybe I was a little inspired by the candle I lit in the morning?  But equally inspired by Goddess, an image I add often to envelopes, mail art, letters, etc.  This time, she became the focal point of my arch.  This is the first time I've ever layered an arch in such fashion - off kilter - but it allowed me to add German scrap for trim and various embellishments to the edges.  I also added Inksplat to the background of the top two layers of arch.

As with goddess, I embossed Ma'am in the Moon and the circle around her, also a Rubbermoon image.  Copics were used to color this.
As it begins, so it ends.  Here's the view of the setting sun out my window.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Love your imagination and your use of color! (and the Goddess and Moon images, of course!!!) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and the Colors are amazing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The inspiration is very evident in your piece. Thanks for making and sharing your art that is speaking to my soul.

    ReplyDelete