Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Year, Next Holiday?

Linda Barutha from Linnie Blooms here to share a Rubbermoon design with you.  Yep!  When I sat down to create my January post for Rubbermoon, I couldn't stop thinking about Valentines Day.  However, I don't have any Valentines stamps (I thought)!  Check out my resourcefulness!


Here's a picture of the supplies I started with:
I started with a Linnie Blooms Canvas Luggage Tag:
I partially covered the tag with a paper doilie and lightly sprayed it with Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Primrose.

When I saw the colored doilie, I had to use it!  So I folded it over one side of the tag.  
Next, I grabbed one of my most favorite stamps from Rubbermoon, db4683 Starflowers.  
I used this stamp last month while making Christmas cards.  But today I wanted to swap out the stars with hearts.  As kismet would have it, Rubbermoon's typewriter stamp (kp5044) comes with a perfectly-sized heart!


How stink'in cute is that!  So I was all set to stamp!  I used my brown Faber-Castell Big Brush Stamper's Marker for the stems and Wendy Vecchi's Archival Ink for the red.  

 Next, I used the same Color Shine spray to color two Linnie Bloom Primitive Hearts.  
The canvas curls when you get it wet (which I LOVE), so I always spray both sides of the canvas just in case a curled edge looks unfinished.  
Then I colored the edges of the hearts lightly with an Ranger Adirondack marker.  
Next, I adhered the hearts and printed out a sentiment (sweet!) to add next to the hearts.  I also found a glittery heart-shaped brad in my stash!  SCORE!  To finish it off, I tied some old burgandy ribbon with some Linnie Blooms Pink Shabby Trim.  
I must say, this REALLY has me in the mood to make more
 Valentines:)  

I continued playing with these goodies to make another quick project.  You can check that out on my Linnie Blooms blog on 1/6/14.  

Rubbermoon has an AMAZING selection of stamps!  Go check out their new website at http://rubbermoon.com
You won't be sorry!

9 comments:

  1. Super sweet and sooo perfect for a valentine project! Thank you for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project, is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 <3 <3 Three Wonderful Hearts for this Beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love how you combined the two stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so adorable. Fantastic job. I love all the colors and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute ideas. Now I need to go through my own stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really cute, and I think it's a perfect Valentines treat!!! just add chocolate? :D

    ReplyDelete