Tuesday, December 24, 2013

December Daily

Hi there, Jessica here! I wanted to wish you a Happy Christmas Eve on behalf of Rubbermoon!

My daughter and I have been working hard on our December Daily. This is the first year I've taken on the daunting task of tracking every day, but here we are, December 24th, and it hasn't been so bad!

I love stamping. I especially love piecing stamps together to create my own pattern paper. I've taken to purchasing white paper, ribbons, buttons, etc because I can easily alter the color to be whatever I want.

I absolutely fell in love with Rubbermoon's Old Fashioned Ornament stamps and knew exactly what I'd use them for!


I thought these stamps would make an adorable piece of patten paper! I buy my stamps unmounted, and then mount them on cling foam so I can use them on an acrylic block. That allows me to stamp several images at one time. Like this... 


I knew exactly which photo I was going to use, so I grabbed some paints that matched my photo, and added those colors to the ornaments... (I used VersaFine to stamp the images, in Onyx Black.)


Once the paint had dried, I went ahead and added the photo, using Pop Dots, from Glue Dots, to secure it in place. 


I feel like, none of the pattern paper I had could do this photo justice, and once I created the ornament paper, it just... was perfect! The perfect amount of color... the perfect colors... and it didn't overpower my photo the the papers I had. 

Have you tried creating your own pattern paper? 

This post brought to you by: Jessica Griffin


3 comments:

  1. That's beautiful Jessica. Such a cool creative method! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is BEAUTIFUL!! Just absolutely love the pattern paper, the colors and, of course, the GORGEOUS family! Thank you for your tutorial and Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful project!!! So pretty and simple enough for everyone to do!!

    ReplyDelete